Our shaker cabinet door features the simplicity inspired by the now legendary woodworkers of the Shaker community. This door style is not just budget friendly but is also versatile enough to fit many styles and tastes.
The shaker cabinet door features a flat panel in 1/4″ veneer ply or a solid flat panel. The frame is solid hardwood tenon joinery.
Available in the following Wood Species: Paint Grade Maple, Select White Maple, Select Red Oak, Quarter Sawn Red Oak, Rift Sawn White Oak, Select Cherry, Select Walnut, Clear Alder, Rustic Alder, Select Hickory, Select White Birch, or Vertical Carbonized Bamboo.
Optional hinge cup boring in 3 different formats is available.
Pre-finishing is available as a Satin Conversion Varnish topcoat or a White Conversion Varnish primer, ready for paint.
These cabinet doors are available with 5 different frame widths: 2.25”, 2.5”, 2.625”, 2.75”, and 3”.
Tenon Door and Drawer Front Construction
The Cabinet Door Store manufactures its wood tenon style cabinet doors without the use of any metal pins. All solid panels are installed with rubber spacers to allow for expansion or contraction in different environmental situations. All plywood panels are glued in on all four sides as plywood is structurally stable and this prevents any possible vibration problems in the future with the plywood panel.
Center Rails on Tenon Doors
- Cabinet doors over 48” in height will have a horizontal center rail inserted
- Cabinet doors over 24” in width will have a vertical center stile inserted.
- Cabinet doors over 48” in width will have 2 vertical center stiles inserted.
All center stiles and rails will be centered to create even-sized panels. If you require a 5 piece drawer front with a solid panel over 24” in width but do not wish to have the center stile you may order the panel with horizontal grain.
Tenon Doors and Fronts over 24″ W or 48″ H without recommended midrail/stile are possible to order but are not covered by our 1 year warranty.
***Use Custom Notes to Request Changes to Defaults***
The Cabinet Door Store warrants that it’s wood cabinet doors have a size tolerance of +/- 1mm.
Warping is always a factor with wood cabinet doors. The Cabinet Door Store warrants that any door or drawer front under 24”x48” will have an allowance of 1/8” for warpage. Doors or drawer fronts between the sizes of 24”x48” and 24”x72” will have an allowance of ¼” for warpage. Any doors or drawer fronts wider than 24” or higher than 72” will not be warranted for warpage.
Note: This applies to doors and drawer fronts with one vertical grain panel.
Tenon Door and Drawer Front Thickness
All tenon doors are 0.8” (20mm) thick.
Quality Standards For Every Tenon Door
Every Door is:
- assembled in an automated clamp to ensure squareness.
- squared again and edged to your desired profile on a CNC automated double ender.
- thickness sanded with 100, 150 and 180 grit sandpaper front and back.
- machine orbital sanded front and back.
- hand orbital sanded front for select and premium grades.
- profile sanded on the raised panel and outside edges.
- run through a denibber sander.
- individually inspected for quality and ensure all cross grain scratches have been removed.
Minimum Size Calculation
For Solid Panel Tenon Doors & Drawer Fronts – (Stile / Rail Width x 2) + (Panel Profile Reveal x 2) + 1/2”.
For Plywood Panel Tenon Doors & Drawer Fronts – (Stile / Rail Width x 2) + 1”