Your Complete Guide to DIY Cabinet Refacing
What is Cabinet Refacing?
Cabinet refacing is when the cabinet boxes remain in place, but the cabinet doors, drawer fronts and hardware are replaced. The cabinet sides and framework are either painted or covered with stick-on veneer or glued-on plywood.
The Benefits of DIY Cabinet Refacing
- New kitchen or bath look at an average of 1/4 the cost
- Job can be completed in 2-4 days.
- No hassle to coordinate plumbers, electricians, and floor installers.
- Minimal dust and debris.
- No additional costs for repainting, plastering or redecorating.
- Countertops can stay in place.
- New kitchen increases home value instantly
- Environmentally friendly with less materials going into landfills.
Ready to Start Your Cabinet Refacing Project?
Is cabinet refacing right for me?
- If you are happy with the layout of the current kitchen, refacing works well. If you’re planning on removing or adding walls, it may not be the best option.
- We provide add-on cabinet boxes which can be added to any refacing project.
- Existing cabinets must be structurally sound.